Thai Govt. of Thailand and tourism authorities have announced the new entry rules for the foreign tourists, as per the new rules travelers from the foreign countries will again be allowed to visit Thailand. However, getting into the “Land of Smiles” will now be quite difficult, due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
Foreign travelers who wish to relax on the beautiful sandy beaches and enjoy the exotic dishes in Thailand will need to obtain a visa from the Thai embassy.
For the tourist Visa, Travelers will have to confirm their financial well-being – namely, the possession of at least 500 thousand baht (about $16,580) in their bank account. In addition, it is necessary to take out extended medical insurance for at least 3 million baht (about $99,500).
But that’s not all. All foreign nationals arriving in Thailand will need to be quarantined for 14 days and visitors from most countries would be able to obtain a visa for 60 days only.
Here is the list of countries permitted To Visit Thailand. However, countries allowed depend on the type of Visa you are applying for:
- Tourist Visa – Tourist Visa 60 Days: All countries may apply
- STV Long Stay Visa – Special Tourist Visa 90 Days: Travellers from the below Low-risk countries may apply;
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- Ivory Coast
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
Also, All the travelers arriving in Thailand must present proof of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to departure of the flight.
- All travelers will be given a second COVID-19 PCR test upon arrival.
- If a traveler tests positive, they will be transferred to a state hospital for quarantine.
- If the test is negative, the traveler will be transferred to a state quarantine facility.